Login with email
1. Your use of this website and any products or services offered and supplied by this website (the Services) is subject to these terms and conditions.
2. In these terms and conditions:
3. By using this site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. You warrant that by using this website you are over 18 years of age.
5. QUT reserves the right to:
6. QUT reserves the right to alter or change these terms and conditions at any time.
7. QUT reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue the Services at any time.
8. QUT may limit or restrict your access to the Services without notice or liability.
9. When accessing the Website or using the Services you are prohibited from:
10. You agree not to:
11. QUT does not guarantee that the content will be made available on or through the Services.
12. QUT reserves the right to remove, edit or modify any Content in its sole discretion from the Services at any time without notice.
13. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access the site.
14. QUT reserves the right to refuse or cancel any registration for use of the Site.
15. The Site contains links to other sites. QUT is not responsible or liable for the content of other websites and you use them at your own risk.
16. You acknowledge that all Content you access through use of the Services is the sole responsibility of the person from whom the content originated.
17. You agree to indemnify QUT for any claim, action, proceeding or legal costs for any claim by a third party in respect of Content you upload to the Site.
18. QUT grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty free, non-assignable licence to use the Content provided to you by QUT as part of the Services.
19. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any part of the Services other than for personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without prior permission of QUT.
20. You must not copy, modify, create a derivative work, reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the Services or the Site.
21. You retain copyright in the Content you upload.
22. By uploading Content you grant QUT a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, publish or display the Content.
23. You must not reproduce QUT’s logo without express permission.
24. QUT may terminate or restrict access to your account at any time without notice.
25. You may cancel your account at any time upon request to QUT
26. QUT, its directors, employees and agents disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, regarding the Site, the Services or Content and do not warrant:
27. You acknowledge your use of the Site is at your own risk.
1.You agree to indemnify QUT and its officers, employees and agents (Indemnified Parties) from and against any Claim which any of the Indemnified Parties pays, suffers, incurs or is liable for arising out of or in connection with:
29. To the maximum extent permitted by law, QUT’s maximum aggregate liability in connection with these Terms and Conditions the amount of the fees payable under these Terms and Conditions.
30. Neither party shall be liable to the other party for consequential losses arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions whether arising under contract, tort or otherwise.
31. By using these Services you consent to receiving from QUT all notices, agreements and other information electronically.
32. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland in respect of any dispute arising between you and QUT.
33. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between you and QUT.
34. No waiver is effective unless it is in writing and signed by the party granting it.
35. Clauses 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32 and 33 survive termination or conclusion of these Terms and Conditions.
Participating in this Competition constitutes an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1.To be eligible to enter this Competition, a participant must: (a) be a QUT Giving Day Ambassador by signing in through the platform https://qutgivingday.com/ambassador and (b) be an Australian resident.
2.The prizes will be allocated as follows: first prize for most dollars referred (see point #4 below), second prize for most clicks (see point #5 below), third prize for most creative post (see point #6 below), and fourth prize for best QUT Giving Day selfie (see point #7 below).
3.Awarding of the first prize will be determined via the ‘Referred ($)’ column on the ‘Ambassador Leaderboard’ which is accessible via login at https://qutgivingday.com/ambassador
4.Awarding of the second prize will be determined via the ‘Clicks’ column on the ‘Ambassador Leaderboard’ which is accessible via login at https://qutgivingday.com/ambassador Those that participate in click fraud – using temporary accounts or soliciting friends to click multiple times – will be deemed ineligible.
5. Awarding of the third prize will be at the discretion of the QUT Development Officer, Annual Giving.
Awarding of the fourth prize will be at the discretion of the QUT Development Officer, Annual Giving.
6. The first prize, ‘Apple iPad 8th gen’ will be distributed as an Apple iPad (8GEN) 10.2 Inch Wi-Fi 32GB – Space Grey valued at $499.
7. The second prize, ‘Coffee for a month and lunch for a week at Beadles on the Quad’ will be distributed as 30 x coffee vouchers and 8 x lunch vouchers valued at $150.
8. The third prize, ‘$100 to use at Lady Harriet's Bar & Kitchen’ will be distributed as: 1 x $50 food and beverage voucher, 1 x $30 Wine down Wednesday voucher, and 1 x $20 Beer and Burger voucher.
9. The fourth prize, ‘Merlo coffee hamper’ will include items up to the total value of $50 and will be distributed as: 1 x 200g espresso blend coffee, 1 x V60 filter coffee device, 1 x milk frothing device, 1 x Merlo keep cup, and 1 x Merlo cap.
10. Employees of QUT Advancement and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
11.Only one (1) entry/account will be accepted per person. An entrant may not submit multiple entries/accounts.
12. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
13. QUT Advancement will determine the winners by Thursday 27 May 2021.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
14.The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to contact the prize winners via the phone number and e-mail address supplied by entrants on the QUT Giving Day site, within 72 hours of the determination. If the contact details supplied are recorded incorrectly, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for the inability to make contact with a winner and another winner will be selected and notified as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
15.If a winner does not claim their prize within one calendar month of notification, another prize winner will be determined.
16.The prizes are not transferable, refundable, exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
17. If the prizes are unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
18.The Promoter's decision as to the winners of a prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the conduct of the Competition or otherwise.
19.The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
20. If the use of the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of a third party (including validity period), any dispute in relation to those terms and conditions must be directed to that party and the Promoter has no responsibility for resolving such disputes.
21.The Promoter is not obliged to publish the results of the Competition. Unless otherwise advised by the participant, by entering this Competition, participants agree to the Promoter publishing their name and image as a winner.
22.If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by the law to (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
24. Each entrant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses or damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions, the conduct of the entrant in the Competition of the use of the prize.
25. Under the Information Privacy Act 2009[KH2], the Promoter must tell entrants when it collects personal information about them and how it plans to use it. If an entrant chooses to enter or take part in this Competition, the entrant may be required to provide the Promoter with personal information such as the entrant's name, postcode, email address, mobile phone number. The Promoter will collect and use the entrant's personal information in order to (a) conduct the Competition; and (b) for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of QUT Advancement without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If an entrant would prefer that the Promoter does not use the entrant's details in the way outlined in the Terms and Conditions, the entrant should contact the Promoter.
26. The "Promoter" is Queensland University of Technology, 2 George Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4001. ABN 83 791 724 622.